Companies active in the transportation sector often face clear challenges associated with extensive information flows and multiple ERP systems. They need to manage their vehicle fleets, plan HR, process passenger info, ticket sales, pricing, freight flows, etc.
To achieve good planning and monitoring, they need to compile and process information from various perspectives, and then make it readily available to decision-makers and their staff in operations. This is what makes flexible business intelligence critical.
For these companies, everyday business can change very quickly, which increases the need for flexible planning and control. Being able to utilize a rolling 12-month forecast instead of traditional budgeting can also create room to maneuver, as well as the facility to work on activity control in the same system, to roll change out in organizations quickly. System support is also a key prerequisite for work in this context.
When navigating your organisation in a changing environment towards defined goals decision-making needs to be fast, accurate and decentralised. Planning needs to be agile, connected and dynamic, to optimise the use of resources available.
- Your solution needs to ensure integrated and efficient performance management – supporting agile planning, reporting and business insight in a changing world.
- Enable fast and accurate planning and empowered analysis – track performance in reference to goals and objectives, draw scenarios and advice the leadership team.
- Value-adding and business critical guidance from your data.
- Dynamic planning processes and driver-based models to capture information quickly and easily.
- Ability to track deviations and planning for the unexpected using scenario analysis.
- Help decision makers understand and interpret trends, deviations and advise on decision-making.
- Self-service and analytical flexibility is key. You need to be able to play with your data.
- Analyze information ad-hoc, add analytical content and share reports on demand.
Our clients in this sector include public transport provider Keolis and Viking Line.Client stories