Hypergene certified according to ISO 27001
The need to protect business-critical and sensitive information has never been greater. A significant factor is the growing trend towards digitalisation in both the private and public sector organisations, increasing susceptibility to internal errors and external attacks. The EU has also tightened its requirements for the protection of personal data through the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Certification according to ISO 27001 is proof that an organisation works with data security in a systematic and efficient way to identify threats and prevent information falling into the wrong hands.
Hypergene has long worked in accordance with the principles of ISO 27001, so it was a natural step to seek formal certification in early 2022. Being granted this certification confirms the following, for example:
- Hypergene’s management system meets the requirements of the standard.
- The system is a natural part of our daily operations; it is documented and maintained on an ongoing basis.
- An accredited certification body has assessed the compliance of our business with the requirements of ISO 27001.
The benefits of having an ISO 27001 certified supplier include:
- Confirmation that the supplier works with data security in an active and systematic way.
- Reduced risk of dissemination or loss of data – and the associated costs and other negative consequences.
- Increased employee awareness and engagement regarding data security issues.
- Independent review of security and routines by a certified auditor.
ISO 27001 is the most widely followed data security standard for management systems. It is used as a frame of reference by legislators and public authorities in many countries.